The real estate market has been trending a steady decline for quite some time. Needless to say, that a large number of houses are ready for sale, in striking contrast to the shrinking number of buyers. In a down sliding market where supply overwhelms demand, sellers face real formidable competition. If you are in dire straits, and wish to speedily dispose your property, then the best way out for you is to lower the price. You could, however, end up in a poor deal by indulging in a hasty transaction.
So, you need to play your cards with somewhat ingenuity, in order to generate interest among buyers, and get the best price for your home. Do a bit of renovation, and advertise your property across the different social platforms.
Here are a few tips to improve, and sell your house fast:
- Make your home look unique in the neighbourhood: Your house ought to look strikingly different among the rest of the houses in your neighbourhood. You might have an impressive interior, but a plain, or shoddy looking exterior might repel the buyers. So, roll up your sleeves, and get set to do some spade work. Repair the cracks on the walls, and paint the exterior with fresh paint. Also, do a bit of landscaping by planting fresh flowers, and shrubs along the pathway. Keep mowing the lawn frequently, since buyers could turn up any day. Trim the wilderness surrounding your house. If you have a swimming pool at the backyard, then add a deck in the adjoining area. In case, you have made some custom changes, then do not forget to mention them in the home’s listing information.
- Get rid of the clutter: Remove the unnecessary furniture so as to make the room look spacious. Buyers need ample room to move around, and imagine themselves in that space. If possible, bring in some new furniture on rent so as to add regal look to the rooms. Do not keep any used vessels in the kitchen sink. Get into the habit of putting them inside the dishwasher. Your kitchen sink should not be littered with pots, and pans when the brokers come with buyers to see the house. Don’t stuff your basement, or garage with junk. Remember that buyers inspect every nook and corner of a house before taking a decision. An overstuffed house would inevitably drive away the potential buyers to another property.
- Insulate your house: If your house keeps getting unusually hot, or cold, then you need to take steps to ensure proper insulation. Repair the cracks on the walls. If the existing door has become loose enough to let the air flow in, then replace it with a new one.
- Renovate your house: Try and impress your visitors by renovating the interiors. If the walls look discoloured, and dull, then paint the walls afresh. Use pleasing colors which complement your furniture. Change the old bed spreads with new ones, so that your bedrooms look inviting to the buyers. Polish the wooden furniture, and keep the floor carpet clean with a vacuum cleaner so as to give immaculate look to the rooms. In case, your kitchen floor, kitchen cabinets, and countertops look worn out, then add vinyl finish to the existing ones. Replace the old handles on the kitchen cabinets with the shinning ones. Fix the leaking faucets, and taps wherever necessary. Use bright fixtures to enliven the rooms. Make the buyers feel that your house is in good condition, and they could move it at once.
- Keep the bathrooms clean: Remember that buyers would definitely have a look inside the bathrooms. So keep them fresh and clean. Any kind of musty odor is bound to repel the visitors. If the bath tub looks chipped off at some places, then fix a prefabricated one. Replace the discolored basin, and toilet seat if necessary.
- Make your rooms look bright: Pull the shades aside, and let the sunlight brighten the room when the brokers come in with buyers. Well-lighted rooms are sure to charm your visitors. Remember that nobody prefers to live in dark, and damp houses.
- Quote the right price: Go through the local newspapers, and find out the rates of similar properties in your area. You could get flummoxed with continuous calls from the buyers even if the market is down. People would pester you with multiple bids, but do not get confused. Sell your house at the right market price.
- Promote your property sale via Facebook: Use the social media platforms such as Facebook to attract buyers. Tell your friends to share your post on their timelines. This is a good way to boost your post through multiple news feeds. Potential buyers who are on the lookout for properties on sale are bound to have a look at your post.
- Put your house on sale via YouTube: Shoot some eye-catching videos of your house, and upload them on YouTube. Project all the rooms, and the exterior in a compelling way. This is an excellent way to reach out the buyers online. Also, put your house on sale via the leading local newspapers.