Is your kid’s birthday round the corner? If that’s the case, then it’s high time you started planning for a grand birthday bash! Kids love parties, and never want to miss an opportunity to have fun. It’s very natural for them to expect the best when their own special days come. So, being a parent really propels you to make vertiginous trips to the supermarket, right?
Well, you needn’t panic after all! It is possible for you to host a colourful, exciting, and memorable party with a modicum of prior planning. In fact, an eco-friendly party is the best way to make your kid’s day, thereby culling all kinds of hazardous wastes, which are absolutely uncalled for! Moreover, this could be a great opportunity for you to teach your kid about the essentials, and significance of a greenhouse-friendly party. Kids are never very exacting by nature, and you could mould them with a little ingenuity so as to enjoy a real good birthday bash without superfluous confettis and festoons.
Go green, and teach your kid to enjoy his or her birthday party by adopting these eco-friendly steps:
- Send e-vites or electronic invitations: Avoid sending the paper version of invitations to your guests. You could engage your children in designing invites on leaf plates, and they would simply love this kind of craft work. In fact, they could distribute such invitation to their friends at school. Besides, you could send invitations to your guests via emails, which reach the invitees faster than the paper-made snail mails.
- Choose the right venue: You could organize a grand party for kids at the nearest park. This would save you the expense of booking an expensive hotel, or restaurant for the purpose. Besides, a party at home entails a lot of cleaning-up work later. Moreover, it’s convenient for the kids to walk down to a neighborhood park, and they would really have fun-time running around.
- Use washable cutlery: Make it a point to lay out the yummy spread in washable dishes and cutlery. Avoid using paper plastic cups to serve water, or juices to the children. Serve the snack to the little ones on recyclable paper plates.
- Choose environmental-friendly decorations: The traditional party balloons attract a great deal of derisive remarks from the environmentalists. Though latex balloons are biodegradable, they pose as threats to animals, and those little kids who might choke themselves by accidentally swallowing them. The best way out is to stage a garden party where flowers, and creepers would serve as natural festoons.
- Serve homemade cake and desserts: It involves somewhat time, but is worth the effort. Bake your own organic cake instead of placing an order at a confectionary. Engage your kids in the kitchen to help you out. The children would imbibe a sense of pride in baking their own birthday cake. Homemade puddings, brownies and ice creams would certainly add laurels to your birthday bash! Just avoid getting any flavored junk from outside!
- Say bye to flavoured chocolates and aerated drinks: Serve your kids’ little guests with fresh fruit juices, instead of canned ones or soft drinks. A round of freshly squeezed lemonade would do wonders, and the children would simply love it! Also, serve homemade cookies to your little guests instead of passing around flavored chocolates, mints and toffees. Even the synthetic scented wrappers are non-biodegradable, and could choke the kids who accidentally swallow them.
- Stuff the party bags with eco-friendly contents: When the kids head homewards, they go happily trouncing all the way carrying their little party bags. Now, what have you stuffed them with? If they carry lollies, and short-lived plastic toys, then the entire theme of environmental party would go down the drain! Tweak their teeny-weeny bags a bit, and fill them with pencils and wooden toys instead!