Fitness seems to have become a rage across the globe. Over the years, more and more people have been turning into fitness freaks, and working on their abs, curves and waist lines. At the same time, the world is being confronted with problems related to obesity. To sustain fitness and good health, we need to combat obesity, which has become a worldwide phenomenon.
Therefore, it is of utmost importance to maintain a strict regimen of healthy diet fulfilling in terms of nourishment, while being thrifty in terms of calories. A few basic healthy nutrition tips would go a long way to maintain a healthy life.
The best way to solve overweight problems and sustain good health is by following certain nutrition tips. Here are a few nutrient packed foods for you to include in your diet:
- Celery:Celery is a highly recommended low calorie food. It has high water content and hence, detoxifies the body. One of the excellent nutrition tips involves the combo of celery with apple, since the latter is packed with iron, Vitamin A, Vitamin C and fiber.
- Asparagus:Asparagus helps in detoxification by flushing out excess fluids from our bodies. Being rich in protein, folate, iron, Vitamins E, A, B6, C and K, it can be consumed in steamed or salad form. It acts as an excellent metabolic agent on alcohol and certain other toxins as well.
- Broccoli:Packed with fiber, minerals and vitamins, broccoli is rich in detoxifying elements, which reduce the chances of breast cancer and colon cancer, and is very low in calories. Fresh broccoli is rich in Vitamin C and hence, boosts immunity. Also, it is rich in Vitamins A and K. A chemical by name Sulforaphane, protects our bodies against diseases, but at the same time causes a slightly bitter taste.
- Broth:One of the nutrition tips is to toss some greens with beef, chicken or sea fish to prepare a filling and yet, low calorie bowl of broth. It is both, sumptuous and healthy. Since its fluid content is high, the proportion of calories per unit volume is almost zero.
- Lettuce:Lettuce is a rich source of Vitamin B, manganese and folic acid, which in turn, regulates blood sugar. Also, it enables our bodies to develop proper immunity against germs. Rich in proteins, it enables people to sustain healthy heart conditions and control weight. Lettuce comes in different varieties, which are rich in nutrients.
- Black Coffee:Being one of the low calorie beverages, black coffee is rich in gut peptides, which control hunger pangs. Besides, it reduces the risk of heart disease, especially among women. Also, caffeine accelerates metabolism and fat burning process for us, which in turn reduces the possibility of obesity and type 2 diabetes, and is therefore, one of the best nutrition tips.
- Zucchini:Zucchini is rich in Vitamins A, C and potassium. It is a highly filling food with low calories, and can be consumed both, in raw and cooked forms.
- Spinach:Rich in iron, folic acid, Vitamin C, Vitamin K, phytochemical lutein, carotene and antioxidants, spinach is a leafy vegetable with low calorie content. It also serves as a substitute for lettuce while preparing salads.
- Pumpkin:Pumpkin is laden with beta-carotene, copper, potassium, nicotinic acid, apart from Vitamins A, C and E. Research has detected a few chemicals, namely nicotinic acid and trigonelline in Pumpkin, which have improved tolerance towards glucose among rats.
- Radish:Radishes are rich in antioxidants, folic acid, calcium, potassium and Vitamin C. One of the nutrition tips is to toss it with the other ingredients in salads, which aid digestion.
It is important to follow proper nutrition tips by eating low calorie food packed with tons of nutrients and maintain a consistent diet plan throughout the week. Make it a point to have breakfast on regular basis, comprising cereals and fresh fruits. Indulging in excess eating during the weekends and holidays leads to weight gain and hence, should be avoided. Moreover, people ought to check their weights from time to time, in order to ensure good health.